Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Z-buffers - CG Homework


Sorry to disappoint you all. I am not going to show anything new here. I have already published some CG works using Z-buffer algorithm. I will list them here. Click the pictures to view them.

Fragments (3D matrix transformations)


This is my first work using Z-buffer algorithm. It is extremely fast because it doesn’t involve Phong lighting. The color of every pixel in a specific triangle doesn’t change at all. I simulated motion blur by rendering 4 times in a single frame. By this way, our eyes can be able to track the movement of the fast-moving triangles.

Kaleidoscope (Perspective and animation hierarchy) and Kaleidoscope2 (Better animation hierarchy + Splines)

The former one shows clearly how I applied Phong lighting. In the later one, I tried to implement bloom effect using HDR(High Dynamic Range rendering) and tone mapping. However, the performance is not good enough.

Bullet (Ray tracing)


This is a mixing of Z-buffer algorithm and ray tracing. It contains nearly 4000 triangles. I improved the performance to the best of my ability by implementing different kinds of speed-ups (those mentioned in class note are not enough). Additionally, I optimized the bloom effect algorithm and it now works fast enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment